Austria, officially the Republic of Austria, is a land-locked country in Central Europe composed of nine federated states. Austria is a signatory state of the Schengen Agreement, which has lead to the abolition of internal border controls. Therefore, you can apply for a Schengen visa or a national visa to visit Australia.
2. Types of Austria Visa Application Form
There are two types of visa application form that you can use to apply for an Autria Visa, depending on your purpose of visa and your nationality.
Schengen Visa application Form
You can apply for a Schengen visa to entering Australia as a tourist, to visit friends or on a business trip for a period not exceeding 90 days and your country does not participate in the Visa Waiver Program . With a Schengen visa, you may travel freely throughout the entire Schengen zone.
Austria National Visa Application Form
If you intend to stay in Austria for more than 90 days and up to 6 months AND you are not a citizen of an European Union or European Free Trade Association member state, you need to apply for a national Austrian visa (Visa D).
3. Guideline for Filling in Visa Application Form
– You will have to give the following information on your Schengen visa application form:
- Your personal information,
- Information on your background,
- Your purpose of wishing to enter the Schengen Area,
- Other details regarding your trip.
– Make sure you fill out every required gap.
– Do not leave any columns blank. If you feel that, there are columns that do not correspond to your case, fill them with NA (No Answer).
– Remember to print the form twice. Sign both of the copies at the end.
– If you are a minor, your parents have to submit a written consent and sign in the corresponding column of the application form.
NOTE: Things that you need to keep in mind.
- Anyone can fill your Schengen visa application form, but it needs to be signed only by the applicant.
- None of the fields should be left blank. If a particular field or section does not concern you then mark it as N/A.
- If you are a minor who wants to travel to any of the Schengen countries, then both the parents need to provide a handwritten consent and need to sign the Schengen visa application form.
- Fill the application in black color only. This is good for better scanning and more legible writing.