The H1B visa is an employment-based, non-immigrant visa for temporary workers. For this visa, an employer must offer a job in the US and apply for your H1B visa petition with the US Immigration Department. Interview is one of important steps in H1B visa processing. Read carefully the following interview questions for H1B visa, this will help you prepare for your interview better.
The following are some sample questions that can be asked at a H-1B visa interview. It may be different depending on each case.
Questions about your intent:
- What is the purpose of your trip to the United States?
- Do you have any family in the United States?
- When are you planning to travel?
- Why are you changing your Job?
- Why do you want to work in the US?
- Have you applied for visa for any other country?
- Do you know what is the living cost in the U.S. specific to the place where you are going?
- How will you survive for the first month?
- Have you been to any other country before?
- If yes, how long was your stay there?
- Will you come back to your hometown ?
- When will you return to your hometown ?
- Why would you want to return to your hometown ?
- Is it your first H1B or visa revalidation?
- After the conclusion of your visa, what do you plan to do?
Questions about your education and experience:
- Are you a student?
- Which university is your degree from?
- What was your thesis about?
- What is the difference between PL/SQL and SQL?
- What software you know? Do you have work experience with these?
- What courses did you complete in your country?
- Show me your certificates.
- Show me your educational certificates and experience letters?
- Tell me about the jobs you have done, and your work experience.
- What is your highest educational qualification?
Questions about your current job and company:
- How long have you been working?
- Where are you working currently?
- What is your current salary?
- What is your current role in the
Questions about your sponsoring company:
- What is the company you are going to work for in USA?
- Where are you going to work in US?
- Why are you joining [New Company]?
- How do you know this is a real company?
- When did you receive your offer letter?
- What will you be working on there? Is it an internal project?
- I need a client letter describing your work project.
- Tell me what do you know about [New Company]?
- When was the US company founded?
- Tell me about the project and the company (client) you will be working for?
- How did you find out about this company?
- How did you contact the [New Company]?
- What is the current project you will be working on?
- What are your responsibilities and for which client are you going to work for?
- Do you have any proof from your new employer regarding your responsibilities?
- Do you have any company photographs?
- How long has the company been in the current location?
- How many rounds of interviews has the US company conducted?
- What is the name of your interviewer?
- Can you give me the dates of your interview?
- Who are the clients for your U.S. company?
- What are the technologies you are working on?
- Who is the President/CEO of the U.S. company?
- What kind of projects is the U.S. company working on?
- What is the annual turn-over of the company?
- How many employees does the U.S. Company have?
- What’s your designation in [Previous Company] and what’s your designation in the [New Company]?
- Will you be working from [New Company] office or client’s place?
- Can I see the Employee petition to USCIS and the Tax Returns of the Company?
- What is the salary you will get in USA?
- How many rounds of interviews did the U.S. company conduct?
What are they? 4 rounds (2 technical, 1 HR, 1 manager interview)
- Can I see your client end letter and itinerary of services.