Visa photo is an integral element in visa application documents for any country in the world but not everyone know the exact requirement of indian visa photo. Providing an visa photo that don’t meet the regulation will make you visa application process being delayed or rejected in some case. This post will provide you the important Indian visa photo requirements that you should consider when preparing documents for a visa submission.
The photo requirements are very strict. Please follow the given instructions carefully.
1. The appropriate photograph should be recent and not more than six months in age. If the photo is too old, like your high school passport photo that is ten years old, then chances are it will be rejected.
2. Photograph Size (height x width): 51*51 mm
3. The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality.
4. It should have full face, front view, eyes open.
5. Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
6. Center head within frame.
7. The background should be a plain white or off-white.
8. There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
9. Head coverings are not permitted except for religious reasons, but the facial fea tures from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
10. The expression on the face should look natural.
11. Not contain red-eye.
12. Be an original photo. Not change anything by photo editing software.
13. Only contain plain clothing patterns
14. If you apply for an indian e-visa, the photo must have dimensions between 900 x 1200 pixels wide and 2250 x 3000 pixels high (in a 3:4 aspect ratio)