Norway is a Scandinavian country encompassing mountains, glaciers and deep coastal fjords. As a Schengen member state, Norway is part of an internal free-travel area with a common external border. Norway applies the common set of Schengen rules in full. If you are not citizens of exempt countries for Schengen visa, you should apply for a Schengen visa for traveling to Norway.
2. Types of Norway Visa Application Form
Online Visa Application Form
To apply for a schengen visa form for visiting Norway, you now can apply and fill in application form online to make an appointment via the official websites of VFS Global. Then you will submit your application at the appointment date. After complete the form online, you will need to print and sign it.
Paper Visa Application Form
If you prefer to fill your Schengen visa application form by hand, then you can download the PDF file for schengen visa application form here. However, filling your Schengen visa application form is much easier when done online.
Before to apply for a Schengen visa, you should know the following rules:
- If you are going to visit only one Schengen country, file your application at the embassy / consulate / visa center of that country
- If you are going to visit more than two Schengen countries, file your application:
- At the embassy / consulate / visa center of the country where you will spend most days, if you will be spending unequal amount of days in each
- At the embassy / consulate / visa center of the country where you will step first, if you will be spending an equal amount of days in each
3. Guideline for Filling in Visa Application Form
You will have to give the following information on your Schengen visa application form:
- Your personal information,
- Information on your background,
- Your purpose of wishing to enter the Schengen Area,
- Other details regarding your trip.
Make sure you fill out every required gap.
Do not leave any columns blank. If you feel that, there are columns that do not correspond to your case, fill them with NA (No Answer).
Remember to print the form twice. Sign both of the copies at the end.
If you are a minor, your parents have to submit a written consent and sign in the corresponding column of the application form.
NOTE: Things that you need to keep in mind.
- Anyone can fill your Schengen visa application form, but it needs to be signed only by the applicant.
- None of the fields should be left blank. If a particular field or section does not concern you then mark it as N/A.
- If you are a minor who wants to travel to any of the Schengen countries, then both the parents need to provide a handwritten consent and need to sign the Schengen visa application form.
- Fill the application in black color only. This is good for better scanning and more legible writing.