Welcome to Visa-Help.Com

United States

United States is a country composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories, and various possessions. It is the world’s largest economy by nominal GDP and the second-largest by purchasing power parity.

Visitors to the United States must obtain a visa from one of the United States diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa-exempt countries or Visa Waiver Program countries.

Most Popular Visas

Visa Waiver Program

Citizens of 38 countries and territories are eligible for visa-free entry into the United States under the VWP:







Czech Republic



















New Zealand



San Marino




South Korea





United Kingdom

Visitors may stay for 90 days in the United States which also includes the time spent in Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the islands in the Caribbean if the arrival was through the United States.


There are several visas that a foreign national may apply for entering the United States, either temporarily or permanently. A few of the commonly utilized visa categories are outlined below.

Temporary Visas

B-1/B-2 Tourist/Visitor Visas

Available to all visitors coming to the U.S for business or pleasure. B-1 business visitor visas are for a short duration and must not involve local employment. Nationals of certain countries may be eligible to visit the US for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.

Read more details: B2 visa - US tourist visa

E-1/E-2 Treaty and Investor Visas

Investors and traders and their employees may receive visas to carry on their businesses in the US if their home country has a commercial treaty with the US conferring visa eligibility. Read more about E2 visa. Read more Complete guides for E2 visa

F-1 and M-1 Student Visas

Persons seeking to pursue a full course of study at a school in the United States may be eligible for a visa for the course of their study plus, in some cases, a period for practical training in their field of study.

Read more about: US student visa

H-1B Specialty Occupation (Professionals) Visas

Professional workers with at least a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent work experience) may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if their employers can demonstrate that they are to be paid at least the prevailing wage for the position. Read more about H-1B visa types.

J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas

Persons coming to the US in an approved exchange program may be eligible for the J-1 Exchange Visitor's visa. J-1 programs often cover students, short-term scholars, business trainees, teachers, professors and research scholars, specialists, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors and au pairs. In some cases, participation in a J-1 program will be coupled with the requirement that the beneficiary spend at least two years outside of the US before being permitted to switch to a different non-immigrant visa or to permanent residency. We regularly handle the application process for seeking a waiver to the home residency requirement that applies to many J-1 visa holders.

K-1 Fiance(e) Visas

A Fiance(e) of a US citizen is eligible for a non-immigrant visa conditioned on the conclusion of the marriage within 90 days. Read more about K1 visa

L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas

L-1 visas are available to executives, mangers and specialized knowledge employees transferring to their employer's U.S. affiliate. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need to a labor certification.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas

The O-1 category is set aside for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. This includes entertainers, athletes, scientists, and businesspersons.

Read more: US Temporary Worker Visa

P-1 Artists and Athletes Visas

This category covers athletes, artists and entertainers.

R-1 Religious Worker Visas

Religious workers may be eligible for an R-1 visa.

TC and TN NAFTA and US-Canada Free Trade Agreement Visas

A special visa category has been set up for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement and the U.S.-Canada Free Trade Agreement.

Permanent Residency Visas (Green Card )

  • EB-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers and Multinational Executives and Managers

Individuals in this category can petition for permanent residency without having to go through the time consuming labor certification process.

  • EB-2 Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business

Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process. The labor certification involves a testing of the job market to demonstrate that the potential visa holder is not taking a job away from a U.S. worker. In cases where an individual can show that his entry is in the national interest, the job offer and labor certification requirements can be waived.

  • EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals

Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process.

  • EB-4 Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers

Ministers of religion are eligible for permanent residency.

Read more: US Immigrant visa


There are some documents that the embassy or consulate of the US requires from every applicant no matter what kind of visa they wish to obtain. Be careful to have all these documents when you hand in your visa application.

The documents required for US visa application are the following:

  • An application form (DS 160 for non-immigrant visas or DS 260 for immigrant visas)
  • A passport which six months valid beyond your planned stay in the US
  • Two photographs that comply to the photograph requirements
  • Paid visa fee to be able to schedule an interview

Additional documents may be required by the embassy/consulate depending on the types of visa and in case of necessary.

You should bring the following documents to your interview. Original documents are always preferred over photocopies and you must bring these documents with you to the interview. Do not fax, email or mail any supporting documents to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Current proof of income, tax payments, property or business ownership, or assets.

Your travel itinerary and/or other explanation about your planned trip.

A letter from your employer detailing your position, salary, how long you have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose, if any, of your U.S. trip.

Criminal/court records pertaining to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you completed your sentence or were later pardoned.

Additionally, based on your purpose of travel, you should consider bringing the following:


Bring your latest school results, transcripts and degrees/diplomas. Also bring evidence of financial support such as monthly bank statements, fixed deposit slips, or other evidence.

Working adults

Bring an employment letter from your employer and pay slips from the most recent three months.

Businessmen and company directors

Bring evidence of your position in the company and remuneration.

Visiting a relative

Bring photocopies of your relative’s proof of status (e.g. Green Card, naturalization certificate, valid visa, etc).

Previous visitors to the United States

If you were previously in the United States, any documents attesting to your immigration or visa status.


Before you apply for US visa, check the processing time required for the visa to be issued. Once you are aware of all the details regarding the application, you can go ahead with the following procedure:

Step 1: Gather documents

Complete the visa application form. Each types of visa will have different form. Remember to use correct form for your types of visa you want to apply for. Gather all required documents and keep them ready for submission.

Step 2: Submit Form DS-160

Submit your information as well as details about your purpose of visit. You must fill in the sections for your visa and then submit it online

Step 3: Pay visa Fee and Schedule an appointment

Schedule your appointment with nearest US embassy or consulate in your country.

Step 4: Attend the interview

Visit the U.S. Embassy or Consulate on the date and time of your visa interview. You must bring all necessary documents with you


The fee that applicants should pay depends on the type of visa one applies for.

US visa processing fees was adjusted lastly on April 13, 2012 by the Department of State. The most categories of non immigrant visa processing fees increased, the fee for E visas (treaty-traders and treaty-investors) and K visas (for fiancé(e)s of U.S.citizens) decreased.

Nonimmigrant Visa Processing Fees

  1. Tourist, Business, Transit, Crew Member, Student, Exchange Visitor, and Journalist visas: $160
  2. Petition-Based visas (H, L, O, P, Q, and R): $190
  3. Treaty Investor and Trader visas (E): $270
  4. Fiancé(e) visas (K): $240
  5. Border Crossing Cards (age 15 and older): $160
  6. Border Crossing Cards (under age 15): $15

Immigrant Visa Processing Fees

  1. Immediate Relative and Family Preference Applications: $230
  2. Employment-Based Applications: $405
  3. Other Immigrant Visa Applications: $220
  4. Diversity Visa Program Fee: $330
  5. Determining Returning Resident Status: $275

Applicants will be charged the fee in effect on the day of payment.


To apply for a US visa, you should fill the visa application form online and submit it.

Download US visa application Form here


If you make an application in person, it will take around 3-5 working days for processing. For persons of Indian origin, US citizens who require a reference and all non-US citizens, and for short term visas, it will take at least one to two weeks for processing. It may take longer in some cases.


1. Why do some people get ten-year visas and some people only six months?

The department of state instruct consular officers to issued maximum validity visas to the extent possible. It saves time for both consulates and applicants. The maximum validity for B1/B2 visa is ten years. This is based in principle on reciprocity. A person who has been issued a 6 month visa and used them properly will nomally be issued a ten ear visa at the next time they apply.

2. How soon should I apply for my appointment?

Apply early! Although the majority of applications are processed and ready to pick up within a few business days, some applications will require administrative processing. We cannot predict in advance which applications will require administrative processing, nor do we know how long it will take. Please apply at least 6-8 weeks before you plan to travel, and do not book plane tickets or hotels until you have a visa.

3. How long does my passport have to be valid in order to apply for a U. S. visa?

You must possess a passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States

4. Who can accompany me to the interview?

As is standard practice around the world, no third parties are permitted to attend the nonimmigrant visa interview.  This rule also applies to third parties who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. However, you can be accompanied by an additional person if:

You are a minor child: Applicants under 17 years old must be accompanied to their interviews by a parent or legal guardian.  Accompanying parents must present the child’s birth certificate and the parent’s identification card or passport. Accompanying legal guardians must present a government-issued legal guardianship document and the guardian’s identification card or passport.

You are 70 years old and older or require special assistance: Applicants 70 years old and older or requiring special assistance may be accompanied by an additional person. The additional person must present their identification card or passport for access.  

5. My visa application has been refused? Why can't I take my money back?

The fee that you paid is an application fee. Everyone who applies for a U.S. visa anywhere in the world must pay this fee, which covers the cost of processing your application. This fee is non-refundable regardless of whether you are issued a visa or not, since your application was processed to conclusion.


We will introduce you some frequently question that you must ansers in the interview. Try to anser all questions fluentlty and practice at home. If you can ansers fluently in the interview, your visa will have more chance to be accepted by officers.

  1. Have you been to the US before?
  2. Do you have relatives or friends currently in the US?
  3. Details on your friends / relatives in the US?
  4. Where will you be residing in the United States?
  5. What is the reason for traveling at this particular time?
  6. How long will you be staying in the US?
  7. Have you booked your tickets?
  8. How much do you think your stay in the US will cost to you?
  9. What do you do for a living? How much do you earn?
  10. How will you be financing your trip? Who is your sponsor?
  11. Are you married? Do you have children? Do you have pets? Who will take care of them while you are away?
  12. How can you assure me that you will return to your home country?


Indian applicants to be now on waitlist for EB-5 visa. This is a US visa for indian who want to invest capital into a project ...
US VISA RENEWAL When your US visa is expired, it is time to reapply it. How to renew US visa? This article will explain to ...
As a Canadian citizen, you do not require a visa to enter the United States temporarily for business or for pleasure, but a passport is ...
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR US VISA INTERVIEW Beside providing enough required documents, the success of visa interview will help to decide that your ...
Stydying abroad is a global trend, many students choosed US as a destination for their education goal. There are many good universities in United States ...
Traveling to United States, you could not forget to visit the famous parks here. There are many famous national parks in US, but we will ...
Connect to Home country According to United States law, all applicants for non-immigrant visas are viewed as intending immigrants until they can convince the officer ...
Visa number or visa foil number is a read number that appears on the bottom right side of newer  visa documents. In most cases, US ...
We will introduce here the process to apply an US visitor visa from India. You will learn how to complete the DS-160 application form, how ...
As the requirements of US visa documents, each people must provide 2 photos. These photos must be sastify the strict requirements of United States . ...
When you apply for an US visa, you should prepare for an in-person interview. This interview is typically performed at your local embassy. During the ...
If you have US passport, you will have many choice for traveling to many coutry without a visa. Passport from the United States of the ...
Writing an Invitation letter for US visa application in some case is not a requirement but it can help smooth the way. If you are ...
To pay for US visa online, there are three available payment methods. National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) You may pay your MRV Fee using the ...
After attending the interview, you will want to check your visa result. There are several ways that you can use to track your visa through ...