To apply for a US visa, you firstly should prepare a visa application form. Each applicant must have their own visa application form. There are many types of US visa application form depending on the types of visa you want to apply. The most common visa application form is DS-160.
2. Types of Visa Form:
Nonimmigrant Visa Applications
- DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (for all nonimmigrant categories, including K applications). This form can be fill online here.
- DS-156 e: Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader / Investor Application
- DS-157: Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- DS-158: Contact Information and Work History for Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant
- DS-1648 Online: Application for A, G, or NATO Visa (Applying in the United States only)
- DS-2019: Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status. This form cannot be downloaded here. Contact your exchange visitor program sponsor, who is responsible for entering the DS 2019 information into SEVIS, and providing the SEVIS generated DS-2019.
- DS-3035: J-1 Visa Waiver Recommendation Application Instructions
Immigrant Visa Applications
- DS-117: Application to Determine Returning Resident Status
- DS-230: Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration (Cuban Family Reunification Parole applications only)
- DS-260: Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (Immigrant Visa and Diversity Visa Program applications only)
- Preview a sample DS-260 (PDF – 13.9 MB)
- DS-261: Choice of Address and Agent
- DS-234: Special Immigrant Visa Biodata Form
- DS-1981: Affidavit Concerning Exemption from Immigration Requirements for a Foreign Adopted Child
- DS-1884: Petition to Classify Special Immigrant Under INA 203(b)(4) as an Employee or Former Employee of the U.S. Government Abroad
Other Visa Forms
Poverty Guidelines: I-864P
For forms I-864, I-864A, I-864W, or I-864EZ
3. Guidelines for Completing the Form
– Complete the required information
- Personal information
- Passport information
- Contact details
- Marital Status Details
- Details of Sponsor
- Travel information
– Fill in the blank. Make sure to read all the instructions carefully and provide as much information as possible, avoid typing errors.
– After finishing the form, check all information again. The information filled in the form should be as clear and exact as possible.
Note: The Visa application form should be completely filled and signed by Visa applicant and not another person. If the visa applicant is a minor (under 18), the application must be signed by a person having parental authority and their relationship should be included in parentheses (father, mother, guardian). If the visa applicant cannot sign, a cross may be used.
We strongly recommend that you verify critical information unique to your trip with the relevant embassy before travel.